Thursday, July 19, 2007

Our Princess (1992-2007)



Today we had to put Princess down. She was 15 years old and she couldn't see/hear and had arthritis. She hadn't been eating or drinking well and slept alot. She had begun to have bowel control problems as well. It was a very hard decision to make (one that we kept putting off), but she was miserable and Dr. R agreed. Daniel has had Princess since she was a puppy and he was in college. I know she is in a better place and I am sure she is running around like she used to do when she was younger and is finally reunited with Boo. I know Molly will miss her, too. Dogs seem to have a second sense when it comes to things. I noticed Molly hanging around Princess more this morning as Princess did not go to her usual outside lay down spot . I hated to see her walk away with Daniel to leave, because I knew it would be the last time I would see her. She was a good dog and really great with the kids. I think my most favorite memory of her was when we took Meg (Lily was a baby) trick-or-treating one Halloween and we had left some candy in a grocery bag on the couch. When we came back, there were probably 5-6 empty mini candy bar wrappers on the floor. Of course, we knew who the guilty one was. Upon inspection of the rest of the house, we discovered she had hidden two other mini candy bars in her bed for later! What a stinker (and she didn't even get sick from all the chocolate)! We will miss you, Princess!

1 comment:

Patti Money said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. It must have been a very difficult morning/day for you all, especially Daniel. Our dogs truly become members of the family, and it's so unfair that they have shorter lifespans than us! Princess was blessed to have such a loving family to care for her.