Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009

This Christmas was a lot of fun. Trey had his school party, which I was able to make it to, just in time! Luckily they hold it late in the day for us working parents, so I was able to leave school to see him and enjoy that time with him. Christmas Eve we went to church and then caroling at a nursing home our kids go to every month. It was fun, especially to see some of the residents joining us in singing. The kids were very excited to get home and prepare for Santa. Trey was especially into it! He was a little nervous about the thought of Santa coming into our house (just like Meghan was at age 4), but he couldn't wait to see what Santa would leave! The kids were up VERY early Christmas morning...I heard them at 4:30, but Daniel says it was earlier than that. They were checking out Santa's gifts, then I put in a movie just so I could get some sleep. After the movie, they couldn't stand it any longer and got us up. We had fun opening presents, with Nana there with us. After presents, naps were in order! We didn't want crankiness on Christmas Day! We had a relaxing evening with me making supper. Uncle Bill came over to eat with us too! The next evening, we headed over to Andy and Alyssa's house to eat and play games. I had made cupcakes (as is our tradition) for us to celebrate Jesus' birthday. The kids all got a candle to blow out after singing Happy Birthday! It was a fun night! I didn't take a ton of pictures on Christmas Day...it was too hard, but enjoy the ones I did manage to get!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Santa Delivery
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: