Saturday, May 16, 2009

An Eventful Saturday

Today started out as any other day....I was woken up way to early by my 2 1/2 year old and we hit some yard sales before picking up Lily from a birthday sleepover. We came home and ate some lunch. Trey ran into the living room (wearing his flip flops) and tripped, running right into our coffee table's leg with his nose. It started bleeding and he was screaming, but the blood wasn't gushing. I got a wet paper towel and put it up to his nose to stop the bleeding. When I picked up the paper towel from his nose, there was a red spot on the tip (which you can see in the pic). I guess blood was pooling under the skin and was brought to the surface once I had applied pressure. I called our pediatrician (hoping we could go there), but was told to take him to the ER, especially since he was complaining about his eye hurting. Luckily, Heather was home and able to take the girls for me (Daniel is at drill) and I headed to the ER with Trey. We got there at about 12:10 and left around 2...but that is another story. The ER doctor was concerned that he might have broken a bone under the eye and it could pinch the eye muscle, not allowing him to have full range of motion with his right eye. The x-rays, luckily, just showed that he had not broken that bone and that he just fractured the end of his nose. Of course, there is nothing we can do for him other than to give him Tylenol or Motrin for pain. He gave us a list of warning signs that something more severe could be wrong, but I am not expecting it to (***prayers prayers***). He did such a good job getting x-rays....he didn't cry and laid so still (which is not normal!!). I am just so thankful it wasn't any worse than it is....and maybe no more flip flops around the house!


His nose is a little swollen, but he is tough!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Poor little guy! Glad that it was noing more serious!