Friday, July 3, 2009

Yummy Cake Pops!


Alyssa had invited me, her sister Cara, and some of her school friends over to make cake pops. This was the first for some of us (me included), but it looked like a lot of fun! To make the cake balls, you take a cake mix and bake as directed. The website we used said to let it cool completely and then mix with a tub of icing. It seemed to work better if the cake was still warm so it could melt the icing. You mix it together in a big bowl and then make cake balls. I made mine big, as you can see from the picture, so I had to cut the balls in half and make them smaller once I was at Alyssa's. You need to put them in the fridge to help them stay together better.

We ended up putting them in the freezer while we worked and pulling only a few out at a time. It seemed to work better this way. We had a lot of fun working trial and error until we finally got it down! I had trouble getting some of my cake balls to stay on the stick, so they became cake ball truffles....lol. Needless to say, this is why I don't have my own cooking/baking blog...lol. I would love to try these again...after all, I can only get better, right?


Here we are in Alyssa's kitchen, hard at work. It was nice to just sit and chat while everyone did their own thing.




I have to say, the finished product turned out better than I thought it would when I first started. Trey and Lily loved them when I brought them home! Here is the website to check it out! Oh....use an entire container of icing...it works so much better!



No comments: