Thursday, September 1, 2011

5 Year Check up

Trey had his 5 year check up on Tuesday...and yes, I am just now getting around to posting about it....it has been that kind of week! Trey weighed in at 43 pounds (only 2 lbs up from last year!) and was 46" tall! He is basically a skinny, muscular boy! He did great....luckily no shots, only the flu mist, which he handles really well!

The down side to this visit was his doctor. There are many in this practice and we like most of them. I will be scratching this one off my list, however. When discussing Trey's diagnosis from last year of ADHD and Sensory Processing Disorder, he responded with "that is a made up diagnosis" (in reference to SPD). I was taken aback. At first, I didn't know what to say. Then I responded with what I did for a living and how I see kids like Trey all the time in my classroom. I really wanted to tell him to come spend a few hours at my house and then tell me it doesn't exist. I was really shocked that he just flat out said what he thought...without disregard to my own personal opinion. I guess he thought since he was the doctor, that he knew it all. I have news for him!

At least I know my little guy is growing and, overall, is healthy and happy. That is what matters most. :)

1 comment:

Patti Money said...

SPD is a made-up diagnosis? I can't believe he said that. I would not go to that doctor again, and might even find out who the clinical director is for the practice and make a complaint. Any Physical, Occupational, or Speech therapist could tell you SPD is real...as well as any parent of a kid who has SPD (I have two!).