Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Traditions

On Christmas Eve, my mom came over in the evening and we had pizza....which always seems to be the easiest before the church service. Trey and Daniel stayed home b/c.....another new Christmas tradition seems to have started. Trey started running fevers off and on and had this really horrible cough. Lily had been to a sleepover over the weekend and inadvertently came into contact with the croup. I took Trey to the doctor just to be sure. Dr. R made the comment that Trey just didn't seem to get sick much (knock on wood) and had made a visit this time last year (for his ears). I said that he was pretty healthy even though he was in daycare. Well, they did a blood count and it turns out Trey had viral pneumonia. Yuck! Doesn't that just figure! I was so hoping this year Trey would get to be excited about his presents....last year he was not....he was just miserable all day. He got on an anitbiotic, which has actually seemed to help. He woke up on Christmas morning and once he saw what Santa brought him (his own garbage truck w/ Mr. Gilly included), he was excited! Now to the girls.....let me just say that this must be some evil payback for something that Daniel or I did when we were younger, but I heard Lily coughing around 4am and I thought I would get up to go check on her when I hear this whispering and then two little sneaks tiptoeing down the hallway. I nudge Daniel and tell him that the girls are awake. He takes the flashlight to go check on them. They, of course, have found what Santa has left them, Trey, and the whole family. He talks them into coming back up to their room. They stay up until about 6am, when Lily falls back asleep and then everyone is up at 8am once Trey wakes up. Meghan got a Kate Spade backpack purse from Santa and Lily got lots of Littlest Pet Shop. They had lots of goodies in their stockings too! Daniel and I exchanged stockings on Christmas Eve, just b/c neither one of us is very good at keeping things from each other! The girls really loved the Wii that Santa brought our whole family to share. Meghan has been religious on the High School Musical 3 Dance game and Lily, so far, holds the high record in Wii bowling at 180! She kicked her Daddy's tail last night! Jamie and Erin came over with their kids on Christmas day as did Andy and Alyssa and the boys! I hate that we are not together more. We missed having my dad here this year. He decided since he was a "foster parent" for some dogs, he had better stay put in TN. So not a lot of family time, which I really did miss. I just love this time of year being around family and playing games and hanging out. Just not something that gets done often enough with everyone being so busy. We also missed not having Dan and Carol and Aunt Katie here. We did get together with Erin and James again today with all the cousins to go bowling! That was a lot of fun, but with so many kids, the bowling lost its luster after about 6 frames for them! They wanted to play in the arcade instead!

I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas and were able to spend time with your family enjoying each other!

No comments: