Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow Day #1!

I know....it isn't even January and it is the last week of school before having 2 weeks off, but I am so glad it is a snow day! Trey woke up at 2am Monday morning throwing up. He stopped sometime around 5am (my usual wake up time). Daniel was able to stay home with him (I was getting a new student and REALLY needed to be there). We are not sure what was wrong with him b/c he didn't get sick again and never ran a fever. We had an appointment with the early childhood interventionalist for Trey's speech at 4pm. Luckily the weather held out so we could go. It went well and we should be seeing someone this next week for his evaluation. We are crossing fingers that he qualifies. We were also able to hit the grocery store to stock up on some groceries (luckily there did not seem to be a mad run on milk and bread). Then at 3:30 this morning, Lily decides to wake up crying that she can't breathe due to a stuffy nose. Got her some water, propped her up, and back to sleep she went. I looked outside and the roads just seemed wet (I am sure now that it was ice), went back to bed, alarm goes off at 5am, look outside and see snow. Turn on the tv and, yep, we are out of school! I crawled back into bed and slept until 7:30....oh so nice! Daniel said when he was on his way to work that even the main roads were NOT clear (which is unusual here), so I am glad I didn't have to drive in any of it! Happy snow day!

I have pictures from our weekend of cookie making and will post later!

No comments: