Monday, February 8, 2010

Growing Up....

Okay, it has been staring me right in the face. All this time, yet I just seem to ignore it. My Meghan is growing up. Sometimes I look at her and can't believe she isn't three anymore (although she does a good imitation at times). This past Saturday, she took the ACT at a local HS. THE ACT!! My 7th grader was selected based on test scores from 6th grade to take the ACT thru the Duke TIP (a 7th grade talent search). We really didn't study for this b/c we wanted to see what she really knew. She did take the practice test that comes with the booklet we got, but that was just so she would have some idea what to expect. It was so weird dropping her off at the HS, with all these juniors and seniors. She wasn't the only one there from her school or the other middle schools in town, but needless to say, regardless of her score, WE ARE SO PROUD OF HER!! Yes she is growing up....but she will always be my first baby.

No comments: