Saturday, January 5, 2008

I Just Want Sleep!

Since Trey's last ear infection, he has not been sleeping well. Of course, with ear pain, that is understandable. However, he has been feeling much better as of a week ago today and he is still waking up multiple times during the night. I think a stroke of genius finally hit me this morning. What if he is getting too big for the crib??? Now that his bumper pad is gone (has been for about 2 months), he is easily hitting his head in his sleep. Trey is not a lay-in-one-spot-sleep-all-night kind of boy. Oh no...he is a sleep-all-over-the-bed kind of boy. He will go to bed with his head at one end, wake up with it at the other end, covers still intact (amazing how he does that!). So that is why I am thinking he is waking himself up accidently. To test my hypothesis, I had him nap on the bottom bunk of Lily's bed...he did great. Right now Lily is in bed with Meg for tonight so that I can test him all night in her bed (and yes, we have a rail up to keep him in bed!!). So far, so good. I have been praying I don't know how many nights now for Trey to sleep all night, but I have not had that one answered yet. Last night, for instance, Trey got up at 11pm, 2am, 3am, 5am, and then 7:24am. At 5, I just finally gave up and put him in bed with us, but when he sleeps with us, he likes to lay his head on me and put his feet on his daddy...therefore, kicking daddy in his sleep (not making daddy happy). I am not quite ready for him to be out of the crib (he is only 17 months!!), but I know if it means sleeping all night.... I will gladly move him over to the big boy bed! The girls both moved before they were 2, so who knows....maybe it is a family tradition. I need to get in a couple of good sleeps before returning to school on Monday!!!!

No comments: