Monday, April 21, 2008

I Don't Like Thursdays...

To make myself clear, it is just this specific Thursday. Let me back up a bit to explain. Last weekend, I had horrible gum pain on the top left part of my mouth. It was so bad that I was crying and wishing the Ibuprofen would kick in faster. Sunday was still painful, but I woke up Monday with no pain. I forgot all about it as I got busy at school and didn't call the dentist. I remembered Tuesday morning to call, so I left a message on his work answering machine to call me during my lunch time. Dr. H called and I explained my situation and he said he wanted to see me the very next day and that it did not sound good. I took half a sick day and ended up at 2...yes, I said 2, dentists. I had x-rays taken at Dr. H, but he could not see my metal plates. Metal plates you say? Yes I have four metal plates in my face. I had jaw surgery 15 years ago (I swear it only feels like 5!). He wanted me to go back to the oral surgeon to get a panoramic x-ray to make sure there was not an infection in the screw site. I went, there wasn't....which I suppose is a blessing....but I have to have a root canal b/c I have an infection in the bone and a dead tooth, which could have been caused by the jaw surgery....15 years ago. Anyway, this Thursday at 1:00pm is the dreaded root canal. I have an insane fear of the dentist and I am not looking forward to this AT ALL! Dr. H promises me that it won't hurt....I am just not buying it. Send prayers my way at 1:00pm this Thursday!!!

2 comments:

Patti Money said...

I will be praying for you! Tell your dentist to give you some "happy juice", aka nitrous oxide. I swear by it. When I had my gum graft, I didn't feel a thing...not even the shot of novacaine. I think I could have even blocked out most of my labor pains if I could have had a few deep whiffs of "happy juice"...

Stephanie said...

Thanks, Patti....he hooked me up!