Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th of July, everyone! So far, our day has been fun and very patriotic! We went back to our old "hometown", the big W to see the local parade that we love so much. As Trey has a HUGE love of lawnmowers and tractors, I did not want him to miss the lawnmower brigade. I was very positive this morning when I woke up to rain, that by 10am it would not be raining....and sure enough, as soon as the parade started, God provided a window of no rain, so that we could enjoy all the tractors, lawnmowers, and, of course, the neigh neighs bringing up the rear. Trey was in love with the neigh neighs (horses) and when we went over to the campground, the local college equestrian program was giving **free** "pony" rides. Naturally, they were not pony rides...Trey rode a horse that was taller than me....all by himself! He enjoyed every minute of it, laughing the entire way! He was not happy to be done and kept calling out "Neigh, neigh!". I had left the camera in the car (***stupid me!!***) due to the rain at the very beginning and we did not go back to the car before we walked to the campground. Oh well. The memory of it was definitely precious! I thought for sure he would have been scared being so high up, but he sat in that saddle and was so happy! He sure does love those neigh neighs!

I will try to take pics at the fireworks tonight....praying that the rain stays away!

2 comments:

Patti Money said...

Glad that you all (especially Trey) had a great Fourth. You wanna know something sad? I lived in the big W for three years and lived within 1/2 an hour of it for another two years. Guess how many times I saw the parade? None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. It just never happened.

Stephanie said...

you missed out! you will have to come back with the whole family for a visit!