Friday, March 20, 2009

T.G.I.F.!

Can I just say that I have never been so glad to have a week over and done with? This week has been exhausting....and all of my kids aren't even involved in things! Whew! This week Meghan had tryouts/conditioning for the track team EVERYDAY after school until 5:30....not such a big deal, really, until you add in Daniel's small group, Bunco, staff meeting at school, clarinet lessons, consignment sale drop off, band concert, church, Girl Scouts, and an ARC after school on the day I needed to pick up Meghan for clarinet at 4:30!.....today was the only day I didn't have anything to do other than pick up Meg after practice. With Daniel's new promotion and since he is the boss...he has worked more overtime than usual, which leaves me to do most of the running around. I don't like pressure and I absolutely HATE being late...which I was to two things this week and both involved Meghan and her clarinet! Just one more week and then spring break is here, thank goodness! I need a break....and I really need to sleep in!!! I am hoping that next week is somewhat calmer, even though we will still have track everyday. At least clarinet lessons will be at school! Here are a few updates from our week:

-Lily read her first chapter book last week...all by herself!!! She read a Junie B. Jones and read it to herself, which is a first with such a long book! She is reading all the time....especially to Trey. Everyday when we get home, she asks him if he wants her to read him a story. They are too sweet together!

-Trey has a "girlfriend", Abigail, at daycare. His teacher tells me when she gets there in the mornings, they are usually at snack and he will pull out her chair for her and say "sit here, Abbygail (that is exactly how he pronounces her name)!" It is so cute! Today when I picked him up, she was saying bye to him and then said "Trey, give me a hug!" and he marched all the way back across the room to give her one...awwwww! When I asked him who his girlfriend was, he said "Abbygail!"

-Meghan is loving track...which kind of surprised me, since she has never shown an interest in any type of running. I am sure some of it is the socialization part too! We have been having a blast going to Bunco together too....a couple of the other mom's have daughters around Meghan's age and they come too. It is nice to have some mommy-daughter time together every month!

-The same is going on with Daniel and I.....work, work, work. We are looking forward to warmer weather.....it's a shame we couldn't enjoy it more this week! I hope we have some for spring break!!

No comments: