Monday, March 2, 2009

S-I-C-K

Sick. That has been my weekend in a nutshell. Lily started this horrible cough Thursday into Friday. She went to school Friday, but when she got home, she went straight to bed and pretty much stayed there. I woke her up for supper, but she didn't feel like eating. Poor baby...it was no wonder with a temperature of 102.9...could you blame her? I took her to the doctor on Saturday and she has her first sinus infection. It had gone down into her chest and was causing her to wheeze, so she is on an antibiotic and her nebulizer. Her antibiotic is working and she was able to go to school today. However, I also woke up feeling really crappy on Saturday. I have run a fever about 100 or 101...can't seem to get the tylenol to help me out. I am blowing my nose like crazy and I have this horrible cough that makes my lungs hurt everytime I cough. I have battled chills (wearing sweats/sweatshirt w/ three blankets piled on top of me and still shivering) and then sweating. I hate fevers! I am hoping to go to the doctor today, but they haven't called back yet. They are booked and the receptionist is trying to squeeze me in. I need medicine!!!! I am very rarely sick. In fact, it has been over a year since I have been to my doctor. Just pray they squeeze me in....I am miserable!!!

1 comment:

Patti Money said...

I'm sorry you're sick! It sounds like you have what I'd call the "mini-flu." Same symptoms, but lower fever and less severe. Still horrible, though. I hope that you and Lily get to feeling better soon. It really sucks to be the mommy and be sick!