Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 5

We went to a friend's daughter's graduation party on Sunday. I was inside catching up with some old friends, when Meghan came inside and said Trey was bleeding. Daniel went out to get him and came in with his hand under Trey's chin....to catch the blood! Daniel had blood all over his arm, hands, etc. Trey's chin had a deep gash on it and would not stop bleeding. We knew he would need stitches....I really didn't want to deal with that because I KNEW Trey would not handle it well. He had been playing on a hammock swing and flipped out and fell on the concrete. He was screaming....he does not do well with any kind of boo-boo. So we got everyone loaded up into the car and headed to the ER. I took him back initially while Daniel waited in the waiting room with the girls. After they initially came in to just look, he was screaming again. I called Daniel to get him back there with me, just b/c I knew I couldn't do it alone. They had told me that he would need to be wrapped up like a mummy to keep his hands/arms/legs still. It took me, Daniel, two male nurses and a female nurse to hold him down while the doctor stitched him up. I had warned one of the nurses he was strong, but I don't think she really believed me until she was holding him down. She had to get one of the male nurses to trade places with her b/c he was wearing her out! He screamed the ENTIRE time. Nothing I could do/say/sing would console him. It was the most traumatic thing I (or him) have ever been through. I cried, he cried. It. Was. Awful. I hope to never experience that again. Unfortunately for me, he has to have the stitches out on Friday...and I am sure that will NOT be fun at all. In fact, I am dreading it. He is healing nicely, but his chin is quite sore. It is an ordeal to get him to let me change the band-aids. Ah, a day in the life of a kid with sensory issues....I just pray he never breaks a bone!


This is a picture of him right after it was over. The staff was so nice. They brought him stickers, a popsicle, and a toy car. All he really cared about was the popsicle....and getting the heck out of there!


Picture of the doctor's lovely handiwork. She was really good with Trey....even through all his screaming.




No comments: