Sunday, August 24, 2008

End of Summer Days!






Sorry for all the pictures....I couldn't get slide show to work for me today.

Last night, our church had a fun carnival, concert, and drive-in movie all set up...for FREE! It was called End of Summer Days and it was an outreach night for the community and was so much fun. It reminded me of the Fish Fry days the church used to have once upon a time, but better! The kids all played in the inflatables and Meghan and her friend, Meghan worked in the craft tent for a little while. We had a cheap meal (food was at cost) and I got to watch Lily dunk Pastor Chris, Uncle Roo (pic above), and Ms. Brenda! She did great! Trey sat and watched Uncle Roo get dunked many times! Our praise band did an awesome job performing and the stage looked very professional! I know they put in a lot of long hours/practice in preparation. After the concert, we had a "drive-in" movie set up to watch. Trey fell asleep about three quarters through the movie and I think both Lily and Meghan were asleep before we even got out of the church parking lot! It was a great night and lots of fun....and I think we had a great turn out from the community! I can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments: