Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happenings....

This week has been a bit more keyed down than last week. Meghan started back up with her clarinet lessons (we do them privately as well as at school). Her tutor is also her band teacher and she says Meghan is doing great....she is ahead of the other clarinets and can even play the high note, most of the time (which is very hard!). Meghan also auditioned for a local children's choir and starts up with that on Tuesday. I am looking forward to seeing/hearing her performances.

Lily is having a great time in first grade! She has made many new friends and tries to call them at least once every other day. Needless to say, she is our social butterfly. Lily has also decided to try Girl Scouts and is excited b/c one of her new friends has signed up as well. She is excited to start in a brownie troop....I hope to hear something soon about it. So keep us in mind come cookie time....

Trey is adjusting better to daycare. I had written a letter to the director over some things I had seen when I had come to pick him up. She called me that day and we talked about it. She had gotten some new staff and hadn't done a training with them, but has said that my letter gave her a clearer picture of what she needed to make sure they had training on. I really love Ms. Katie and her devotion to all the children and making sure they get quality care and learning. It makes it easier to be apart from him knowing that. Trey's language is still unintelligible at times, but he does have some words quite clearly. I have emailed a local SLP (speech language pathologist) to discuss with her whether Trey might have a delay or it is just a two year old thing. I know I am probably being overly cautious, but this is something I don't want to wait until he is in kindergarten for.

Daniel and I are (I think) finally getting down a routine in the morning. I won't know what to think when we have three in school. My classroom keeps growing....I have 20 kids in the morning and only 12 in the afternoon. I am sure I will be getting more IEP kiddos in the PM as the year goes on. I really love my kids and have enjoyed getting to know each and every one of them. My assistant and I have finally gotten a routine down that we like for the AM and PM....hopefully by adding more kids, that won't change! Little ones don't like straying off course very much!

I know we are all looking forward to sleeping in for three mornings in a row!!!! :)

No comments: