Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Room

This past week has been spent on doing school related activities. I had new teacher orientation on Monday and Tuesday, which was ok....but nothing I would have volunteered for. Mainly for 1st year teachers, but I managed 12 hours of PD from it (not that I needed more!). Wednesday I used as my optional work day. It was nice to be in my room (which is still a mess) w/o the kids. I got lots done, but still have LOTS to do! Just to give you an idea....here is what my room looked like with all the boxes from the other elementary school (and that does not include over to the left **sigh**).....
Can you believe all that? Finally on Wednesday morning....WEDNESDAY mind you...the custodians managed to come get the furniture that did not belong in my room. Then I had all day (7:30-3:45) to go thru boxes and arrange my room. My room is arranged (I think) the way I want it, but I still need to do all my bulletin boards and labeling all the shelves. I am hopeful this week to complete at least the bulletin boards, but I am not sure that will happen as I have to take the kids with me. I am hopeful our staff meeting on Tuesday is short! I have lots of work to do!

No comments: