Monday, August 13, 2007

The First Day



Here are the girls on their very first day of school! They had a great day (better than Mommy!). I did fine dropping the girls off...but I started to feel it when I said goodbye to Lily in her classroom. It is very hard to leave the girls when I don't know a single person at that school. It was so much easier at their old schools where I knew everyone and pretty much everyone knew them. I really lost it when I dropped Trey off. He wanted down to play immediately. I said goodbye to him and left with Daniel. Daniel had the day off, so he went to get a coffee and then came back to check on him. I, on the other hand, got to cry all the way to school. I was feeling the same with him as I felt with the girls. Here I was...leaving my babies to strangers all day. How could a mom not feel guilty??? Trey did okay....he had a lot of crying spells and did not.....that's right, I said DID NOT....take a nap!!! He did not fall asleep on the way home either. I think he was overtired. He was clingy a lot and did not want me to be out of his sight. I hope he is better tomorrow. I know he will get better each day, it is just so hard to leave him when I know it will be hard on him. Why is being a mother so hard sometimes...*sigh*?????
Trey on his first day!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Oh, Steph! My eyes welled up reading this. I know it must have been so hard to leave Trey. I have a lot of guilt over leaving the boys too. Keep your positive outlook, it will get better. Stay strong, I'm proud of you!!