Monday, February 18, 2008

Birthday Traditions

No, it is not my birthday. That is exactly three weeks away (from yesterday). I am not really counting down.....who wants to turn another year older? I do, however, like that there is a day out there that is just for me. I like feeling special...who doesn't? Anyway, on to the tradition part. My sister and I don't get a lot of time together, so we decided a few years ago to do a birthday shopping expedition and have continued it every year since. Our birthdays are one month and 5 days apart, so we pick a day in between the two and go shopping for each other. My mom came over and watched the kids for me and out we went. The funny thing is, Amy and I have pretty much the same taste in clothes, so we bought each other practically the same thing, only in different colors. Surprisingly, no purses this year (if you know us, you would realize that we are seriously addicted to purses!). We went for clothes this year.....that I can always use! I don't typically shop for myself (kids are always needing something!). We had so much fun and it was so nice to be out with no children in tow. I haven't been able to do that with Daniel being gone (more on that later). We were so busy shopping, we forgot to eat lunch! We had great weather, too! It was in the 50's and sunny! That meant we didn't have to keep up with coats! Kudos to fabulous birthday traditions!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

That does sound fun! Glad you had some kid-free time, you deserve it! What'd you get??

Stephanie said...

I got three shirts from Gordman's and a sweater (the black one I wore to church) from Kohl's. It was fun. Let me know when you want to do your birthday gift together!