Thursday, February 7, 2008

A New Day

Well let me start by saying that this week has been busy with lots of stuff! Trey went to see the ENT on Monday afternoon and we had tube surgery yesterday morning. I was so glad to get him in so quickly. He went with the nurses without crying! That was such an answer to prayer considering I was so close to crying when they took him, that if he had cried, I would have bawled like a baby! He was mad when he woke up, but did better once Mommy and Daddy were with him. They said it took a little longer than expected to get the tubes in b/c he had so much fluid in his ears. He also took a little longer to go under with the anethesia b/c he was congested, but he did great and the tubes are in! They told us once the anethesia wore off that we should see an immediate difference and we did! I could tell he felt so much better. We were also told that he may startle easy to noises that he may not have heard well before and boy, were they right about that. He turned on Meg's radio yesterday and when he has done that before, he always turns the volume up. Well, needless to say, when he turned the volume up, he ran screaming from the room, very scared. I know he is hearing better!

We also had bad storms Tuesday night into Wednesday. Very scary....tornado sirens going off (no tornadoes hit our town). Our neighborhood didn't get hit hard, but some others did. The girls left school yesterday at 10:30 b/c the power was out and they couldn't get it back on. It was just a few elementary schools affected, so they won't have to make it up. So we had a full house yesterday afternoon, which was good b/c we all took naps!

I also want to say a belated happy birthday to my sister, Amy. We went over to my mom's on Saturday to celebrate (her actual birthday was Monday). I meant to post about it then, but kids took over and I didn't get it done. Here is a picture of my sister and me.
And why do you ask, am I on here at 8:50 in the morning....a weekday morning....and not at school? Well, lets just say that the flu is going around some school systems and mine is officially closed today and tomorrow due to illness. On Monday, we had close to 500 students out sick. That didn't account for the teachers or bus drivers. Unfortunately, we have to make these up, but at least I get to stay home with Trey for two more days! The girls still have school (although Lily stayed home today with a sore throat), so we will see for them. Lily's throat hurt this morning, from drainage overnight I think, and she is starting to feel a little better, so I am sure she will be back at school tomorrow!

No comments: