Friday, September 21, 2007

FINALLY!!

I have 5 words for you: THANK. GOD. IT'S. THE. WEEKEND! This has been the most exhausting week I have had in a long time. I had to take Trey to the doctor on Thursday b/c he had still been running a fever as of Wednesday evening, but it downgraded to 99 degrees on Thursday, but I didn't want to take the chance I was missing an ear infection or something like that. Dr. S listened to him for quite some time with the stethoscope and asked if he had had a breathing treatment before and I said no, but his sisters had asthma. He wanted a blood count done to rule out who knows what (he likes to throw out a lot of "what ifs" to me and I find it overwhelming). I don't usually see this dr, but when you make a sick visit, I take who I can get. Anyway, he said if the white blood cell count was low, then he would do a chest xray. That was not the case, so it was determined that Trey had a lot of gunk in his left lung (infection!!) and needs albuterol treatments twice a day for a few days and then I percuss his back to loosen up all the yucky stuff so he coughs it up. He is also on Zithromax. His appetite is not back to norm yet either. He ate two oyster crackers for supper tonight. Very filling. He went to bed at 6:15 too. I am pretty sure Meg is in the clear, b/c she has had no symptoms and I assume she would have had them by now. As long as I stay healthy, I will be a happy camper. That and get a few more hours of sleep!

*Happy to see Katie has a blog now!!!! Welcome to the blogging world, Katie!

No comments: