Saturday, September 29, 2007

Weaponcraft Assistant Instructor

Fancy title, huh? That is Daniel's official title now that he has completed the ten day course at a regional training center for the National Guard. He left the day Lily woke up sick....so now you know why I had such a horrible week! Luckily Meg and I made it thru healthy. Daniel is now certified to help units that are mobilizing to go to Iraq/Afghanistan to brush up on their combat arms skills. I am just glad to have him home! However, I did have some friends help take good care of us while he was gone. We ate supper at Alyssa and Andy's one night and were supposed to eat at Heather's another night, but with all the sickness going on at our house at the time, I had forgotten (sorry again, Heather!) and one of my coworkers (Heather) came over to hang out and eat with us. So all in all, the kids and I survived and Daniel enjoyed his course (minus all the weapons needing to be cleaned). I am very proud of my soldier!