Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Hero.....

On a day such as this, I am sure we are all remembering where we were when "IT" happened. I remember feeling terrified, staring in disbelief at the TV thinking how could something so catastrophic happen here. I can remember thinking that I just wanted to grab Meg, who had just turned 4 years old a few days before and never let her go. September 11, 2001 changed a lot of lives...including those not connected to anyone who died on that terrible day. My life changed, just in the fact that my husband had to leave our lives for 13 long months to stand up for our country. For that reason, he is my hero. I don't know that I could have sacrificed so much to do something for the greater good. His unselfishness is something to be honored and celebrated. I believe that what we are doing overseas is for the greater good and all those men and women who are fighting for our CONTINUED freedoms deserve a chance to complete the job they started. Okay...I am off my soapbox....now I have to brag a bit about my wonderful husband (hey..it is a wife's prerogative!). This past summer, he joined the National Guard rifle team and competed in his first state competition.....where he finished in FIRST PLACE in the pistol division!!!! Way to go, baby!!! He also received Soldier of the Month with his unit for the month of May! I am so proud of him and I know he has enjoyed this aspect of the National Guard. He will compete again this fall at another competition and I really wish we could go watch him....but school **sigh** calls for both the girls and me. Maybe I can get someone to take pics for me. This picture is of Daniel's trophy he got (can you believe he got a trophy!!). We did not include the bottom of the trophy (too much info for cyber readers). It says in a nutshell...first place...pistol division...so on and so on. Daniel says he thinks it will come in handy as future boy deterrent for when Meg starts dating....ha ha ha!

No comments: