Sunday, September 2, 2007

The joys of childhood....

Trey is adjusting to being in daycare. He really seems to be attached to one of the workers, unfortunately for me, she is not there when I drop him off. He understands me when I say "Mommy has to go"...then he clings to my arm and starts to cry. Everyday I have to force myself to smile and say "Mommy will be back soon" and walk away. I HATE DOING THAT! I feel like such a mean mommy. I start questioning my life...if I am doing what God wants...etc. Then to make matters worse, there is a little boy in his class the likes to bite. Yep, you heard me and guess who got bit during his second week at daycare??? It was not a bad bite, but a bite none the less. It was a good thing Daniel picked him up that day.....I would have said something. It turns out that Trey was not the worst one bitten by this little boy and I have been told he is out of the center due to the biting. So that incident did nothing to alleviate my guilt at putting my child in daycare. I calculated how many hours a day I am away from my kids and at times it adds up to almost 10 hours (for the girls) and 8 1/2 for Trey. Then when we get home it only leaves me a couple of hours with Trey b/c he goes to bed so early and one more hour longer with the girls, but that includes making supper and doing homework. Okay....I am done having my pity party. I just didn't expect it to be so hard this year since last year was good. Part to blame are my hours at work. They start later and end later, therefore I don't get to see the girls as long. I go into work later in the AM, so Trey and I hang out, but the girls get on the bus an hour before Trey and I even leave for daycare. Things hopefully will change next year......now to just make it thru this one...............

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Ahhh! I've had SO many of these exact same thoughts... counting the hours I'm with them, wishing for more, thinking I'm a bad mom etc, etc. BUT you are NOT a bad mom because you are working. You are doing a great thing for your students. Plus with summers "off" and everything, you still get to be a stay at home mom some!