Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Yes Man

Okay, I realize that to some of you, this post is going a little overboard. Who gets excited about the word "yes"? It is a simple word, used daily, over and over again. HOWEVER.....Trey, my almost 2 1/2 year old, had NEVER used the word on his own. He would only say it after one of us said it. If asked if he wanted to go outside (for instance), he would either repeat outside or say no, even though he meant yes. It could get very confusing....trying to figure out if he really meant no or yes. Lily would ask him something and then say "Trey, yes or no?" and being the 2 year old that he is...his reply would be "yes or no"....those words exactly. So yesterday, when I asked Trey if he was okay after he slipped and fell in the kitchen , he popped up and said "yeah". I about fell over! I then would ask questions throughout the day to make sure it wasn't a one time thing. He has said it many times, so I think he FINALLY figured out how to say yes in his own way. He still does not say yes, but a very resounding YEAH! Needless to say, I am very excited to finally hear it from his lips! My very own Yes Man!

1 comment: