Friday, January 16, 2009

Snow...Cold Day #2

Okay, I have to admit, I was VERY excited not to go to school today due to extreme temperatures. Lily cried when she found out yesterday afternoon. Her class has earned their compliment "PAWS" and they had earned a pj day/movie. She was so upset b/c as she put it "I had to wait sooo long for it and now I have to wait again!". She will have to have it next Friday...poor baby! She warmed up to the idea once I said we could have a pj day today! However, Mommy made everyone get dressed (after making made-from-scratch pancakes for breakfast) and we ran out to run some errands. As I was out, I thought...this weather isn't too bad, but try taking a deep breath! It hurt my lungs. Meghan thought the same thing too! It. Was. Cold. Anything with a negative in front of it should not be allowed! I am so glad we don't live somewhere were this kind of temperature is the norm!

While we were out running errands, I had decided to get Trey a spiderman potty seat (b/c we all know he LOVES spiderman!). He has shown an increased interest in the potty, even asking to sit on it sometimes. When we got home, he wanted to use it right away, so I put him on. We were talking (Trey and I) and then he peed a little bit! Yea!!!! He got some M&M's and then wanted to get back on to do it again. I had to talk him into eating lunch first...lol. He will be 2 1/2 years old in a couple of weeks and the girls just sort of potty trained themselves at that age. I am still not going to push it with Trey just b/c I don't really want to deal with it unless he is totally ready, which he may very well be. I will just keep trying....of course, the hopes of Bob the Builder undies is HUGE....does anyone know where I could get some??

1 comment:

Krista said...

Oh, the days of potty training. I do not miss them.